Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A birthday celebration

Last October, I celebrated my 11th birthday.  Just like my past birthdays, no big celebration was done.  Though it is the usual routine in our family, I consider this as one of my great birthday celebrations because my family is finally complete.

We spent my special day in Riyadh zoo.  Funny to say, I was able to visit first the zoo here in Riyadh than our own zoo in Manila. 

Visiting Riyadh zoo is a worth one.  I discovered how Saudi people give importance to bonding time with their families. 

The space is very big.  You can actually bring food, look for a shaded place and have a picnic. There are lots of food stalls within the zoo so there's no problem in buying water in case you feel dehydrated. It is advisable to go early morning when the sun is not yet too hot.  You better bring caps, shades or umbrella for sun protection.

Bringing cameras is not prohibited inside. Just avoid taking pictures including Saudi women.  It is strictly prohibited to take pictures in any public areas here in Saudi.

There are some animals which I am already familiar with like:

TIGER


LION


GIRAFFE
                 
ZEBRA


There are more animals which I saw here for the first time like:

CAMEL


PORCUPINE


BAHOON


SWAN

AGOUTI
          
OSTRICH

WOLF

There are many animals from different groups that everyone can appreciate in this place.

The SR 10 entrance fee is reasonable enough  for you to see and discover the different animals in Riyadh zoo.

Aside from the animals, I enjoyed my day because I  was  with my loving parents who never forget to spend quality time with me.













No comments:

Post a Comment